The following vacancy announcement is open on USAJOBS:
Title: Interdisciplinary Cultural Resources Program Manager
Grade: GS 12
Duty Location: Washington, D.C.
Appointment Type: Permanent
Open & closing dates: 09/03/2019 to 09/17/2019
The incumbent serves as a senior principal advisor in the management of cultural resources at National Capital Parks-East and is responsible for program development and implementation for a diverse collection of urban park units located in all four quadrants of Washington, DC, as well as in Prince George’s, Anne Arundel, and Charles Counties in Maryland.
- Directs the park’s cultural resource management activities.
- Represents the Superintendent when working with external organizations and government officials on resource stewardship issues.
- Develops and implements long-range plans for the inventory, evaluation, documentation, preservation, research and interpretation of park resources.
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation of cultural resource management plans and specific action plans pertaining to the management and protection of park resources.
- Makes presentations in parks, public gatherings and at professional meetings regarding resource issues.
- Carries out program management duties by developing work plans and schedules, scopes of work, cost estimates and proposals.
- Identifies research needs, prepares requests for proposals or statements of work, and provides oversight for research projects.
- Maintains liaison with the State Historic Preservation Officer and traditionally associated groups.
- Designs, develops, tests and implements scientific monitoring protocols to identify, evaluate and conduct long-term monitoring of resource conditions and protection.
- Serves as Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative for projects conducted through contracts, interagency agreements, and cooperative agreements.