Architect- Everglades National Park (National Park Service)
Open & closing dates: 08/15/2019 to 08/28/2019 (This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.)
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $77,991 to $101,407 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Location: 1 vacancy in Homestead, FL
Relocation expenses reimbursed: No
Telework eligible: No
This position is located in Everglades National Park, in the Facility Management Division.
This is a permanent career/career-conditional full time position.
- Provides professional architectural advice and guidance on the planning, design, construction, rehabilitation of existing and new structures and facilities.
- Gathers data necessary to describe and understand the problem, and investigate and evaluate a wide range of technical solutions.
- Plans, designs, oversees, and monitors multi simultaneous projects ranging from small to large multi-disciplinary design and construction projects.
- Tracks projects to ensure management has access to timely data regarding project status.
- Serves as Contracting Office Representative (COR).
- Represents the park on historical architecture matters.
- Prepares written documents on historical architecture matters.
- Represents the superintendent when working with others on historical architecture matters.
- Provides direct professional and programmatic advice to support office, other architects, parks and centers.
- Develops work plans and schedules, scopes of work, cost estimates, proposals and justifications for funding requests.
- Develops long range plans for inventory.
- Prepares and maintains list of classified structures in the park.
- Negotiates cooperative and interagency agreements and other cooperative instruments needed to effectively carry out resource stewardship goals.
For more information, or to apply, visit the official USAJOBS posting.