Open & closing dates: 08/26/2019 to 09/16/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $83,398 to $108,422 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Location: 1 vacancy in Hagerstown, MD
Relocation expenses reimbursed: Yes, you may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Telework eligible: Yes as determined by agency policy
This position is located in Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park, in the Resource Management Division.
- Directs a complex program of historical architecture preservation activities that involve complex issues that may impact a wide variety of park issues.
- Serves as subject matter expert on the preservation and treatment of historic and prehistoric structures.
- Leads, contributes to, or reviews compliance documents.
- Represents Superintendent on local and regional task groups.
- Develops work plans, schedules, and budget documents.
- Develops and implements long range plans for the inventory, research, documentation, analysis and evaluation, and treatment of historic and prehistoric structures.
Negotiates and manages cooperative and interagency agreements.
- Identifies park research needs and coordinates with universities and researchers.
- Leads staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Prepares historic structure reports documenting existing conditions and defining treatment actions based on examination of the structure, documentary research, and professional evaluation of all data; and prepares other written reports, graphic illustrations, and plans associated with managing historic and prehistoric structures.
Travel Required: Not required
Supervisory Status: Yes
Promotion Potential: 12